Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 to enable the creation, building, debugging, running and packaging of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
Please note that this is a CTP release and should not be used on production systems. Please see the EULA for more details.
New for the July 2009 CTP:
- Support for developing and deploying services containing multiple web and worker roles. A service may contain zero or more web roles and zero or more worker roles with a minimum of one role of either type.
- New project creation dialog that supports creating Cloud Services with multiple web and worker roles.
- Ability to associate any ASP.NET Web Application project in a Cloud Service solution as a Web Role
- Support for building Cloud Services from TFS Build
- Enhanced robustness and stability
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio includes:
- C# and VB Project Templates for creating a Cloud Service solution
- Tools to change the Service Role configuration
- Integrated local development via the Development Fabric and Development Storage services
- Debugging Cloud Service Roles running in the Development Fabric
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages
- Browsing to the Azure Services Developer Portal
- SSL Certificate selection